Friday 5 June 2009

Complaint made against Paragon.

I was advised to make a complaint about Paragon's constant phone calls under some fairly new regulations which protect consumers from unfair trading. It's worth a try. I sent this to the Office of Fair Trading.



4th June 2009
Dear Sir/Madam


Consumer Protection from unfair trading regulations 2008 (CPUT)
Formal complaint against Paragon Finance for harassment


I write to complain under the above regulations. I am receiving persistent phone calls from Paragon in respect of a purported debt for which an original Consumer Credit Agreement does not exist.

I have asked Paragon to stop telephoning me and to communicate by letter as the calls are interfering me with my family life. Despite this the calls continue. I have logged the calls over the past few days along with a summary of content, I have listed these at the end of the page.

Although I agree the DCA are entitled to take reasonable care to pursue a debt if they feel there are outstanding issues, I consider the level of calls to be above what I can reasonably expect. The debt is in dispute as no Consumer Credit Agreement exists and Paragon have been made aware of this.

I notice that Paragon are prepared to carry out a campaign of constant harassment rather than bring legal action against me, which in my view is the proper and reasonable course of action. I have raised these issues with Paragon who admit they do not have the original consumer credit agreement and have no intention of stopping the phone calls or taking any legal action.

I consider Paragon are operating an unfair commercial practice and this is the reason I am bringing the complaint to you. At Present Paragon are calling me on a daily basis and I think this is totally unreasonable in the circumstances .

Yours Faithfully


Recent calls from Paragon -
4th June 2009. Paragon “I see we have called you a lot recently”.
3rd June 2009, 9.46am. Paragon said they would continue to call on a daily basis despite my protests.
2nd June 2009, 10.38am (busy so didn’t answer), 10.40am (they called back 2 minutes later).
1st June 2009, 9.43am. Paragon asking for payment, admit they don’t have the CCA , say they will continue to call despite my asking not to, claim they are within the FSA guidelines to call as often as they want.
28th May 2009, 12.02pm. Paragon asking for payment, I asked not be called, they say they will continue to call. I ask why they have called me twice in one day, they say they need payment. I say debt in is dispute and ask they take me to court, they refuse .
28th May 2009, 8.25am. Paragon leave message on answer phone. I call them back, they ask for payment. I tell them account is in dispute. I ask them to write to me instead of calling.
27th May 2009, 10.50am. Paragon call and ask if I would like to make a full and final offer or make a payment. I ask for original CCA, which they say they don’t have.

No comments:

Post a Comment