Tuesday 30 June 2009

Another letter from Paragon.

Paragon are very persistent, I'll give them that much. For those that are unfamiliar with events so far, Paragon are collecting a Universal Credit debt which had a balance of £4200 some 10 years ago. I have paid back over £15,000 and they claim I still owe somewhere in the region of £12k. I say somewhere in the region because they are not very good at telling you how much you owe, if you ask they say they can't tell you. To date they haven't managed to provide a true copy of the consumer credit agreement, only a made up copy. As such the debt isn't legally enforceable, but that doesn't stop them chasing it by constant phone calls and letters.


22nd June 2009

Dear XXXXXX

I have been attempting to contact you to discuss your account (really? You have spoken to me on the phone on a daily basis).

Upon receipt of this letter would you please telephone this office on the above direct line telephone number, quoting your account number.

In accordance with the company fee tariff, a charge of £10 has been added to your account for this letter. A charge of £10 will be added for every additional letter issues if contact is not made and a charge of £20 will be added if we contact you by telephone.

I look forward to hearing from you

Nadine Smith
collections officer.





The thing is, I don't know what they want to discuss, I have told them this is in dispute and will remain so until they produce a true copy of the CCA. Every time I speak to them on the phone we go over the same thing - They ask for payment, I ask for a CCA, they say they sent one, I say it's a made up copy which isn't worth the paper it's written on, they say they don't have the original, I say take me to court then, they say they won't do that. End of call.

No comments:

Post a Comment